Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grandma Hill





My Grandma Hill passed away on Saturday April, 10, 2010 at the age of 96. She was such an amazing grandma and friend. I miss her so much, but im glad she's not suffering or in pain.Some of my favorite memories of Grandma are going to her house for holidays, eating around the pool table, memorial day when we'd all get together and put flowers on all the graves in Malad. Going walking early in the morning, the ranch, I loved that she was always interested in what you were doing, and she always prayed for everyone of us. She had such a strong testimony and I loved her gift of bringing family together and making many sweet memories for me. I love her big maple tree in the front yard which we all used to climb. Walking to church, sleeping in the living room with all my cousins listening to records- I remember a train and thunder and lightning:)
I remember Grandma had a vhs of "Yours, Mine, and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda that I watched with her once and I loved it. That year for Christmas she recorded it for me and I still have that copy:) I loved living in Logan and having her and Aunt Renae or Aunt Eileen stop by, or sometimes even Aunt Rae randomly to see us. She would bring my boys a present like little Easter baskets that were those strawberry plastic containers. She never missed sending birthday cards,and I will forever treasure the quilts me and my children have been given. She always came to hold my new babies so she could love them. I am going to miss her so much. But she has left a great legacy for me. The importance of family and doing things together, always keeping busy, serving others, and love.I have a wonderful example of who I want to become more like in my life. Because if in my end I could be anything like her, I know I would have succeeded. I love You Grandma!

(This is more of a personal post, so I can remember these memories for me and my family)

I know these arent the best pictures, but there what I have on this computer. Theres Spencer giving her a hug Christmas 2008, my two sisters, Karianne and shannon with her, and a family picture with her, ignore the moustache please:)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Katy:) So many sweet memories -- I agree that we are beyond blessed in the wonderful example and memories Grandma has given us all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was an amazing woman. I think it's a great idea to write down all of your wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss!!! She sounds like an amazing Grandma :) LOVE YOU GUYS! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete